Adventures in Africa



Nairobi Myth


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



There is a myth that I wish to dispel. People think it's hot here. It's not. Seriously. I wear a jacket to work every day. And sweaters. It's quite chilly. Just because it is Africa and it is on the equator you would think it would be hot - I know - but it's not! Nairobi sits at over 2000metres. That's pretty high. It makes it rather chilly. The days when it is sunny out (which since I've been here have been about 1/3 of the days) can be quite nice and warm (in the mid/upper 20s at highest) but that is only for a few hours (between about 11 - 3). Then it starts to cool down and by night time it usually drops to 10 - 15 degrees Celsius. You need several blankets at night to stay warm. And ALWAYS a jacket. I even wore a toque to bed last time I went camping because I was freezing. Do you believe me yet? I could go on...

I had some lovely Ethiopian food tonight with some of the new interns. Great place - amazing food - so cheap. I really like the SAJ(?). Ethiopian Honey Wine. A bit sweet but it tastes more like juice than wine. And it really has punch to it!!

I'm off to bed early for my day of adventure tomorrow! I'm sure there will be some more interesting pictures to publish on Sunday/Monday. Have a good weekend!!


0 Responses to “Nairobi Myth”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3