Adventures in Africa



Presenting... Nyama Choma


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Presenting... Nyama Choma, originally uploaded by Kattaka.

Well, all week I had been eating mostly vegetarian dishes that I had prepared for myself (mostly because the butcher closes at 6:30 and between French classes and my gym classes or other things I often missed the window to buy meat this week). So I think I was due for some heavy protein. Friday night was a quasi-going away party for Tim who is in Lamu until Wednesday and then flies out of Nairobi on Thrusday. I got... Ostrich Fajitas! They were amazing! Really good! The meat is really tender and they actually did a great job with the fajitas. I mean, it's no Sneaky Dees, but close enough. Then this afternoon Lauren, her friend, and myself head back to "Homeland" for some nyama choma - roasted goat. 2 kilos to be exact. You are supposed to get one kilo per person but I dont think we would have been able to handle it. I don't think I need any more meat until next weekend. It's just too much.

Other wise things are good. As great as Nairobi can be, I am hoping to get out of town again by early October. I'm not sure where... but I am sure I will figure something out!

Last call for postcards! Remember - just email me your address!


1 Responses to “Presenting... Nyama Choma”

  1. Blogger Mariza 

    You do realize that goat is considered 'red meat', right?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3