Adventures in Africa



Look - I'm climbing!!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Look - I'm climbing!!, originally uploaded by Kattaka.

Wow - what a great day! I went climbing for the first time thanks to the Mountain Club of Kenya (MCK) who took a bunch of us out to Lukenya (about 45 min outside of Nairobi) and lent us equipment and showed us how to climb! I think I am addicted. I was really really hard - physically and mentally but that is the fun of it. My hands are raw and I banged up my knees pretty good. Also - the worst but also funniest part was that on my third climb (up a really flat and steep and REALLY high face) I split my pants (right near the back pocket) and had a big hole in my pants but I didnt notice until I was back on the ground and someone came to tell me. I was wondering why everyone was cheering me on so much!!!

The people were really great and I am hoping to go again (or several times).

What an amazing day. I feel so lucky all the great opportunities and experiences that I'm being able to have.


1 Responses to “Look - I'm climbing!!”

  1. Blogger Mariza 

    Wow, I'd be more worried about doing something else to my pants. You are a brave woman.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3