Adventures in Africa



Zombie


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



There is an Italian guy (about my age) who lives in the apartment below mine. I think he has been here about as long as I have. Every Sunday, it never fails, he blasts The Cranberries song "Zombie", singing/screaming along:
What's in your he----ad, in your he---ee---yyeee--ad, zommmmm--beeee, zommmmm--beeee, zommmmm--beeee, zommmmm-beeeebeeeeebeeeeeee!!!!!!
Imagine this in a really strong Italian accent. Strange, strange guy. I always forget that he does this until it is Sunday evening again and there he goes. I guess we all have our rituals.

This morning, Lauren & I co-hosted the first of (hopefully) many brunches. There were 10 of us. We prepared and served french toast, fruit salad, a cheese plate, scrambled eggs with tomatoes, cheese & onions, ham, and bagels (difficult to find in Kenya). I think it was a success despite the slight miscalculation with plates, forks and cups (when you rent a furnished apartment it usually only comes with 4 of each). It was fun and one of the guests was an Argentinian pilot who hopefully will be able to get us a cheap ride to Mombasa in a few weeks (she has a friend who is driving down - we won't be flying). These social gatherings are proving to be a great way to make great contacts (and friends).


0 Responses to “Zombie”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3