Adventures in Africa



To the Coast!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Off to Mombasa this weekend. Doing a very un-Kathryn thing and not booking a hotel before I get there. Ok, maybe tomorrow I'll try and call a place that someone gave me the number to - but still - waiting until the day before I arrive before booking a room? That is so fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants!!! I'm so CRA-ZY! It should be an adventure regardless (as with the overnight 9 hour bus ride).

Hopefully Monday evening I'll post some lovely shots of me lying on the beach and swimming in the Indian Ocean. My goal of swimming in all the oceans of the world is one step closer. Now I just need to worry about those pesky Arctic and Antarctic Oceans. Might be a bit more tricky!

We have a long weekend here too. It's Moi Day on Monday. Too bad he was such a corrupt dude. Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians. Hopefully I'll be dining on some Thanksgiving LOBSTER!!!


6 Responses to “To the Coast!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey Kat. Mombasa is awesome. Used to live in Kenya. Now live in T.O.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Aw, thought moi day was like "Me Day". Maybe it will be something like that for you,..

    off to read about the real Moi...

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Be sure to spend some time at Bobs, it's really fun.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Nice and interesting blog, good pics, thank you
    I invites you to visit mine at http://catmangirona.blogspot.com

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Moi Vey!
    Happy Thanksgiving! The highlight of mine was the chocolate fountain at the buffet my family ate at. Yep. Chocolate. You can dunk all the oranges and bananas you want!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hi Kathryn,
    I just stumbled accross your site and was amazed by our coincidences. My name is Matt and I will be joining you in Nairobi on the 23rd of October all the way from Toronto. I am also in a Netcorps placement but mine is facilitated through VSO.
    I was just wondering if you have any advice for me when preparing to come to Kenya? What to bring, not to bring etc. Any advice would be helpful. Maybe I will run into you when I get there.
    Cheers,
    Matt
    matt_walton@hotmail.com

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3