Adventures in Africa



Expats


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been socializing a lot this week. Realizing how small the expat community is (and how much they LOVE to gossip). It's more like 3 degrees of separation here. It is an interesting world to get a taste of for a time. But I am glad I have Kenyan friends/coworkers/peers that I am able to hang out with as well. These expats often tend to stick within their own little group and you are in some of these bars and parties and think that you are in Europe or Canada - everyone is a non-Kenyan. It could limit your exposure to the culture here. It's almost too easy of a world to get sucked into.

Today I sat by the pool and read and swam. Not a bad way to spend a day. The weather has been great these past 2 weeks. I'm enjoying it as the "short rains" are coming soon. I'm hoping they live up to their name and take off as soon as they get here.


0 Responses to “Expats”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3