Adventures in Africa



New Format!!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yeah! It took me a while to find something I liked. Still a bunch of things to change/add (like links and a blogger nav bar) but that will come later in the week. No time. Must sleep.

How Kenyan English confuses me:

A conversation today between Timon (a frequent CSA contributor) and myself. I feel like half the time the conversations (despite their being in English) go completely over my head!

T: Hi! How are you?

Me: Good thanks, and you?

T: Good. Why did you say to get lost?

Me: What?

T: Why did you say to get lost?

Me: I'm sorry. I don't understand. When did I say that?

T: I mean, I never see you anywhere but at work!

Me: Ahh. Well, I'm always around.

T: It is lunch hour.

Me: Well, I eat at 2 usually.

T: You are going to disappear!!

In the News:

Robbery is taken very seriously here. Recently, a thief who stole 2 flash lights, 2 pangas (large machete type knives), a watch and 500 Kenyan shillings (about $8) was sentenced to DEATH because he did so with a dangerous weapon. No one was injured in the robbery and the stolen goods were worth under $25 in total.


1 Responses to “New Format!!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    That's one funny conversation. Well, being Kenyan, I don't think I would've understood it too...

    Nice to know you're enjoying your stay in Kenya.

    Nice blog and I'm learning a thing or two...from your views about Kenya. I tend to overlook what's around me!

    Cheers!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3