Adventures in Africa



Weekend


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It was a laid back weekend as we are trying to save our money for the safari next weekend. It was FINALLY sunny and warm so I was able to spend an hour or two reading by the pool at my apartment and went downtown to check out some of the shops.

There are little to no womens clothing shops. Lots for men though. I would really like to buy a few little things and havent been able to find any suitable places (other than an overpriced Woolworths store) to get anything. The problem is that you read and hear from everyone that you should bring very conservative and non-flashy clothes - so of course you bring really simple, baggy, frumpy clothes. Well guess what? People dont dress like that here!! I feel like I dress like someones grandmother! What I wear to work is not so bad for the most part (plus I dont really care if I look frumpy at work) - but walking around downtown and going out for a coffee or a drink somewhere - it would be nice to wear something that I feel nice in. Im not talking mini-skirts or tube tops - I would never wear that kind of stuff anyway. So I look around at all the locals and wonder where the heck they got their clothes. Do you know their response when I ask them? EUROPE OR SOUTH AFRICA OR NIGERIA - dagnammit!! This was very poor planning on my part. Maybe I will learn to hand sew some really cute outfits. Knit?? Yeah, thats it...

One other thing... why is it that no matter where you go in the world there will be a cheesy band that is singing a terrible cover of Hotel California? Imagine this with Kenyan accents. I had a similar experience in Majorca in Spain. And in Denmark. It is funny in a painful way.


0 Responses to “Weekend”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3