Adventures in Africa



I Caught Crabs in Watamu


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I leave tonight. But it is ok.

I had the best weekend. 7 of us went to Watamu (a beach town on the Indian Ocean) and rented a beautiful, huge, airy house for about $10 each a night (including people to cook and clean for us) and spent our time playing trivia games, throwing around a coconut, having races, jumping waves, swimming, sunning, eating, drinking, having nighttime bonfires and swims, catching crabs and then racing them, and just having an amazing time.

Part of me wonders if it was a bad thing to have such an amazing weekend right before I left because it will make me all the more sad to leave, but at the same time it sure was a nice way to finish off such an amazing 9 months. I have met some of the most amazing people here and I will miss them very very very much. Kenya is so beautiful it is hard to imagine not being here.

And yes, in the photo those are cows on the beach. Not sure what they were doing there other than maybe they just wanted some sand and surf like the rest of us.

The people who came along for the trip were (L - R): Me, Alla (Russian/American), Anna (Finnish), Ally (British), Peder (Norwegian), Matt (Canadian), Alex (Kiwi).

Tonight I have a final dinner at Open House (great, cheap Indian food) and then head straight to the airport. I am trying to get excited about all the free movies I can watch. Trying not to think about actually leaving this place.


3 Responses to “I Caught Crabs in Watamu”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I'm gonna miss it too, Kathryn. Thanks for taking me (and a bunch of other folks) along with you. I'll remember it as long as I live...

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I'll miss your adventures. Truly.

    Your next task: make traveling in southern Ontario sound just as exciting.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    ...all I have to say is that you stole Chad's best t-shirt slogan with that headline about catching crabs. I know where you got it from and I'm holding you accountable!

    See you in suburbia in a few days!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3