Adventures in Africa



20 days


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I am a bit in shock that I am leaving in 20 days. I can't get over how quickly these past 8 months have gone. I am sad to be getting ready to leave but it has helped that Lauren, who arrived to start her internship a week after I did, is getting ready to leave too. I am starting to get excited to see everyone again. I think I kind of deal with being away by not thinking about home very much and just concentrating on where I am so that I don't miss people and places. But now I am curious to see how people/things have changed and how my perspective has changed.

It is hard to get annoyed with things here because I know I will miss them soon. The smell of burning garbage. People asking me if I want a taxi every 5 seconds. Having dusty, dirty shoes & feet every day. Street kids following me around. The way that everything runs on “African time” here (very very late). Fighting with taxi drivers over how much my ride should cost. HOW AM I GOING TO LIVE WITHOUT THESE THINGS??


3 Responses to “20 days”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    What are your plans after coming home?

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I enjoyed "being there" with you, too (although I spent the 8 months working in a warehouse). I'm also going to miss it.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Beth, I am not 100% sure what I am doing. i will stop in London for a week on the way back to visit friends then stay in Toronto for a week, then visit my parents and little hometown for 2 weeks (maybe there will be a news article about me! haha) and then I will go back to Toronto and either live there or move to Vancouver. The next year I plan on preparing for going to do my MBA the following year. So I will concentrate on getting more work experience, taking some classes to brush up my skills, doing my applications and making sure I get in where I want (hopefully somewhere in Europe but Canada and the US are also places I'm applying).

    Henry, I'm glad you enjoyed my blog! It has been one hell of a ride! And it's not even over yet!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3