Adventures in Africa



On the Road Again


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I am now in Lusaka, Zambia. This morning I woke up before everyone else and slipped out to begin the next solo part of my journey. I took a cab to the border, left Zimbabwe, walked across the bridge over the Zambezi river (it was really high and I really don't know how Ciaran had the guts to bungy off it), got my Zambia visa and head to Livingstone. I managed to just catch my bus in time (or so I thought). Once everyone was seated a man came on the bus and introduced himself. I thought it might be the driver. No, he was a preacher from a local church who had a deal with the bus company to preach the word of God to us for 45 minutes before we left on our trip and lead us in prayers. WOW. This is why I LOVE using local transport in Africa. It is always full of surprises and interesting things. He was quite the preacher - completely reminding me of the Samuel L. Jackson character from Pulp Fiction. Except it was a 45 minute speach, not a 2 minute movie monologue. Other than that the ride was rather uneventful and I am taking this evening to catch up on emails and journals and probably going to bed early. Tomorrow I will be attempting to catch the train to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania and then onto the beaches of Zanzibar. Wish me luck.


1 Responses to “On the Road Again”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thanks for the updates. Are you meeting up with anybody in Zanzibar? Have fun shopping for spices!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3