Adventures in Africa



(Not) Helpful


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Not Helpful: Stupid FOREX exchange people who were rude and slow and took ONE HOUR out of my day just to change my traveller's cheques. I don't want to get into it. IDIOTS!! I had to keep reminding myself to be zen. That my anger only upsets ME and wouldn't make anything happen faster... They were so bloody RUDE!

Helpful: People at the Holiday Inn who when I asked if I could pay a daily membership fee or something in order to use and lounge by their pool just told me that I could go ahead and use it for free as long as I didn't cause a "ruckus". Me? Cause a ruckus? NEVER! The sun and the swim and my iPod took any tension the FOREX idiots put in my muscles. Oh, and the Castle Lager. Good stuff - tastes kind of like Carlsberg...

Not Helpful: Kulula.com and redenvelope.co.za who I booked my biking wine tour through whom I have had to chase down and call about 8 times (no exaggeration) to try and get them to tell me if I was doing a tour or not. I ended up giving them a piece of my mind on their poor organizational skills and customer service and booked a different tour through someone else - no biking unfortunately but I guess that is safer for all involved. Tomorrow I get to see WINE COUNTRY!

Helpful: The people who suggested to see The Constant Gardener. What a good movie! THAT is Kenya. Not the murder and the intrigue (well, that happens too) but the people and the kids shouting and crowding you and the scenery and the music! It was great. I loved it. But what a sad movie!


2 Responses to “(Not) Helpful”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    wow, I also enjoyed the movie! Its great to see the great scenery, especially the parts filmed magadi as one of my favorite places in kenya.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    When I watched the movie, I was looking at the salty lake thinking hmm... that Lake Turkana scenery sure looks like Lake Magadi (which I rember from a primary school class trip). It's only later when I visited the official "The Constant Gardener" website that they explain that indeed they did film both at Magadi (as a partial stand-in for Turkana) and Turkana and why they did so.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3