Adventures in Africa



Happy Clappy


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I really had a good time on my overland trip. I was initially sceptical about being on a "tour" and stuck with the same group of people for almost 3 weeks but I was really lucky. It was fun, full of adventure, and the people were great.

We head out of Botswana to our final destination of Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. It was raining as we arrived and that kind of deterred us from signing up for very many actvities (like rafting or riverboarding). Plus the prices were a bit ridiculous. Because it was Jodie's birthday we decided to go for a river cruise (with unlimited alcohol) and were lucky when the rain stopped in time for us to hop on the boat from 4 - 7. We saw hippos and crocs and impala and lots of drunk people (wait, that was us). The photos are highly entertaining and will be posted upon my return to Kenya.

It is funny that on the first night of the trip, 8 of us went out for dinner and drinks and really got along great and we all stayed friends throughout the trip. On the last night we even found the same 8 people heading out for one last dinner. Despite the vast age differences (25 - 72 age range) and that we were from all different parts of the world, we got along rather well and I hope I will see most of these people again one day in the future.


0 Responses to “Happy Clappy”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3