Adventures in Africa



Intense gooseberry, green peppers and fig aromas.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



There was some confusion over my tour. Apparently it is not starting until Sunday. Not what the instructions sent to me said, but I guess things change. Too bad I went a day early today for a meeting with my group only to find I wasted cab fare for nothing. But it all worked itself out. And now I have an extra day in Cape Town. What to do tomorrow?

Today I spent my time riding around in a minivan with a bunch of Americans, Aussies, and Brits to 3 different wine regions for tastings and tours. We also got to try different cheeses and chocolates and go swimming. A nice day. And great wines. So cheap too! I wish I wasn't going backpacking for the next 4 weeks, otherwise I would have bought a bunch.

The wineries we went to (in case any connoisseurs (DAD) are interested)... Fairview (also home to Goats do Roam and Agostinelli and Spice Route), Villiera, and one in Stellenboesch that I lost the sheet for.

The power in Cape Town was out upon our return and after I found out that I didn't have to meet up with my group tonight I was going to walk home and just write in my journal by candlelight but then the power came back on. So I went and watched another film. Walk the Line. WOW I loved that one too! So good. Great music. I'm glad I got to see it. I like watching movies every night. I'm not a hermit - I just like movies...


3 Responses to “Intense gooseberry, green peppers and fig aromas.”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hey! I just caught up with your last postings. Sounds like you're still having a fabulous time! I watched The Constant Gardener last night and thought it was very good as well...and sad too. Enjoy the rest of your trip ;)

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Kat, here's another movie I think you'll really love. The movie is "Nowhere in Africa". Its based on a true story and takes place mostly in Kenya circa WWII.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hi Kat!

    I´m a Spanish boy, who are a bit worried and need your help. My girldfriend Inma is going to travel to Kenia as a volunteer in a Bungoma association. I have read that you have been in the Bungoma district and in the Bungoma Area.

    Please ¿Could you reply us a mail with useful information about Bungoma and Kenia in General?

    It´s Bungoma a safe place?
    Are mosquito dangerous?
    Are Matatus trips safe for tourists?

    Please We hope your help. My mail is gruizu@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3