Adventures in Africa



Packin'


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Kids playing soccer in Mombasa, originally uploaded by Kattaka.

Ok - a heck of a lot of photos have been uploaded - check them out.

I am trying to prepare myself for my 35-day journey from Cape Town to Nairobi. Packing for the trip. Packing up my apartment (my things will be kept in storage at a friend's house). Making hostel reservations. Trying to see everyone this week. It is a bit stressful. I am wondering how I will get everything done by Sunday evening.

But at the same time I am getting really excited about Cape Town. I can't wait to see the penguins!

For those of you who are wondering – this is what I will be up to over the next few weeks:

Monday Jan 16 – Saturday Jan 21st – Cape Town, South Africa.
Saturday Jan 21st - I join up with an overland bus to travel through Namibia (Fish River Canyon, Namib Naukluft National Park, Swakopmund, Etosha National Park, Waterberg Plateau National Park) and Botswana (Maun, Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park) and ending up in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe on Feb 8th.
Thursday Feb 9th – Sunday Feb 12th – I set off solo for Lusaka, Zambia and then head up to Kipiri Mposhi, Zambia to catch a train (TAZARA) which will take me north up to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania over a 45-hour scenic journey!
Monday, Feb 13th – I take the ferry to Zanzibar (hopefully meeting up with a friend from Nairobi) where I will spend a week on the beaches of this beautiful island! I will then take the bus back to Nairobi (across northern Tanzania and past Mount Kilimanjaro) on Saturday Feb 18th.

I am overwhelmed at the thought of all that travel right now so right now I am just concentrating on how much fun I will have in Cape Town. Apparently you can do wine tours by BIKE! That could be dangerous!


2 Responses to “Packin'”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    wow, some trip you got planned there through Africa. Enjoy it. You probably will never get another chance to do that. Great pics from your coast and Mt.Kenya trips.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey...you can do wine tours by bike in Niagra too! Didn't you know?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3