Adventures in Africa



Going, Going...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Leaving early tomorrow morning. I am still stressed about packing things up and clearing out of my place. I thought it would be easier. I thought I had less stuff!

I will try my best to do updates while I am away but once I am out of Cape Town it could be difficult.

DESMOND's INSIGHTS ABOUT KENYA (excerpt taken from his online journal)
Day 3 - 3L of beer and not much water afterwards causes headaches in the morning. i and the guy i hung out with last night took a matatu (a really packed minibus) to a giraffe centre. the drive on the matatu was alone an interesting experience as it brought us close to death many times. on the bus, we met a young man campaigning to be the future president of Africa. he was very annoying, but stayed with us the whole day and acted as a guide. he walked us to the giraffe place, and brought us to an orphanage near the place. it was pretty depressing seeing the children there, many of them HIV positive. the place was also a school, so at nights, the children sleep (in horrible conditions) on the floor and the place converts into a classroom during the days. on the bus home, an argument erupted between the ticket guy and a drunk passenger who didn't want to pay. we were sitting in between the fight. an interesting day - the future president of kenya being my guide and escaping death. i wonder what tomorrow brings.


1 Responses to “Going, Going...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hilarious. Was the future president cute, Des? Cause I'm thinkin' he might need a first lady. Ok, I just really need a ticket outta here.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3