Adventures in Africa



The Italians


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My apartment building is full of Italian families. Many of them are youngish married couples who work in Kenya and have adopted Kenyan orphans. There are so many cases like this in this building. It is so adorable to hear the little Kenyan kids (who are like 2 or 3 years old) speaking Italian to their parents. They also speak Swahili. Some have one or two birth kids already but have adopted one or two orphans as well. I hope the pool is fixed soon so that I can hang out with them again.

Tonight went indoor climbing and tried lead climbing. I ended up falling but it wasn't bad (didn't hit the ground - just fell a ways through the air before the rope caught me). Wasn't scary - actually a little fun (except that I almost landed on someone's head!)


1 Responses to “The Italians”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I love climbing and I love reading your entries about a world so different from the U.S. Keep writing and I'll keep reading!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3