Adventures in Africa



Scattered Thoughts


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Culture in Kenya - initially it seemed as though it would be difficult to find an outlet to take in contemporary art, theatre etc. It turns out that if you look hard enough - Nairobi has a great amount of such things to do/experience. Tonight I attended a screening of the Australian film Rabbit-Proof Fence and the director was even on hand to answer questions after the screening. This is a monthly initiative focusing mainly on African films but this happened to be an exception. It was kind of like being at the film festival - although not as many film snobs. The movie was great. It is about 2 years old - I would highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

"I smell burnt Kat" - I am feeling a little burnt out lately. I have a hard time saying "no" to invitations to go out and do fun things. When I was a Rotary Exchange student back 10 years ago we were told that the best way to have a great experience in another culture is to always try new things and accept as many invitations as possible. Don't get me wrong - I am having a complete blast - I am just exhausted. Good thing my job doesn't require any kind of operation of heavy machinery.

Passion! - I love passion fruit. I eat at least one a day. The fruit here is so bloody good. A few months ago it was mangos (now they are out of season) and bananas (I am holding off on those until after the referendum next week because they hold too much political significance).


0 Responses to “Scattered Thoughts”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3