Adventures in Africa



Sailing Fireballs


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Another weekend out of town - this time to Lake Naivasha to the Naivasha Yacht Club for an open house for the MCK (Mountain Club of Kenya) people who wanted to come check out the club and do a little sailing. Who am I to say no to something like this?

First of all, it was gorgeous out there - and wildlife kept wandering onto the property and walking around us as if we weren’t there. Secondly, sailing is fun! We did training on and about a 45 minute sail (acting as a one-man crew for a more experienced sailor) on 2-man Fireball sailboats and got to use the trapeze contraption things where you are strapped to the boat and get to hang off the side of it in order to balance out the boat! Seeing as it has been 15 years (calculating this made me feel really old) since I last took lessons I was initially a little unsure but it is such an exhilarating and yet relaxing experience (very different sensations than the rafting I did last weekend).

That evening we had a huge barbeque and sat around the clubhouse playing cards and drinking beer before we retired to our tents out in the field. Can you see why I love my life here so much??


0 Responses to “Sailing Fireballs”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3