Adventures in Africa



Belated Thanksgiving Weekend Festivities


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Oy I am tired. It's that kind of tired you get when you eat way too much and maybe have a few glasses of wine in the afternoon and suddenly it's 7pm and you can't keep your eyes open - turkey coma. Except we didn't have turkey. This afternoon was our belated Canadian Thanksgiving dinner at the home of a bunch of friends. They all work at the UN and thus have a really nice place with a big yard, perfect for bbq'ing chicken, playing frisbee and a hosting a small but successful badminton tournament. I assisted with the planning, and made the apple crisp with ice cream. Good turn out with about 25 people (about 8 Canadians and the rest from Africa and some Europeans). We even attempted to make Bloody Caesars! There is no clamato juice here but by combining some oyster sauce and tomato juice (with the tobasco sauce, worcestershire, and vodka) and it actually tasted pretty close. Trying to convince the others of it's greatness was a different story. I too am a little confused as to how they came up with the idea of mixing tomato and clam juice. That DOES sound disgusting. The drinks turned out well though.

Contributing to my exhaustion was another fun day of climbing on Saturday. It was a beginner climb so Elise and I were asked to help the organizers to help out showing the 'newbies' what to do. That was a bit strange! It was only a month ago that we were doing our first climbs. That night was a big party at a Mountain Club member's house. A late night of dancing and socializing.

I think I deserve to be able to go to bed at 8. I'll do my dishes in the morning.


0 Responses to “Belated Thanksgiving Weekend Festivities”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3