Adventures in Africa



Spotted!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Karen & Kat - Lake Nakuru Safari, originally uploaded by Kattaka.

Karen and I got back from a quick safari to Nakuru, Kenya's 4th largest city. We did a hike up Menengai Crater, spent the night in Nakuru, then today woke up bright and early for a 6-hour drive around the nearby National Park. The park is famous for it's 800,000+ population of flamingos as well as the white rhinos that you are pretty much guaranteed a good look at (this is not the case in most other parks). But the highlite of the trip for me was a quick but great encounter with a leopard! I finally saw one! She jumped in front of our van and ran into some shrubs. I managed to get a photo of some tail and leopard butt. But leopards are so elusive (a friend here hasn't seen one in the 10 years he has lived here). I feel quite lucky. That means I have seen all of the "Big Five" game in Africa - Rhinos, Elephants, Buffalo, Lions and Leopards! It was a good trip although I think we are both a little tuckered out. Photos to be uploaded on flickr soon.


1 Responses to “Spotted!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I saw this today: http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/kenya/

    Thought of you!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3