Adventures in Africa



Happy Anniversary to ME!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Happy Anniversary to ME!, originally uploaded by Kattaka.

Happy Anniversary! Can you believe it has been a month already? So I bought myself some anniversary roses. Actually, they were dirt cheap and I have been meaning to buy some for a while but only finally did today.... They cost 170 shillings. That is about 3 dollars. I know! Pretty good, huh? How do they do that? Well, there are a bunch of Dutch flower farms around Nairobi and during the summer when flowers actually are growing in the Netherlands (and Europe), they dont need to export the Kenyan ones, they sell them in Nairobi for cheap, cheap, cheap. They smell so good.

One month in and it seems like its been so much longer. I feel settled here. I mean, it wasnt a huge adjustment - is that strange? One month of living in Africa - 5 more months of work and then a month and a half of travel after. It is really going too fast. Today in the matatu I was looking around and trying to really absorb where I am and all thats around me. Remind myself to look and notice. Its so easy to slip into routine and not see the amazing things that are everywhere. The people and the places and the smells and sounds.


5 Responses to “Happy Anniversary to ME!”

  1. Blogger Lottie 

    "It's so easy to slip into routine and not see the amazing things that are everywhere."

    So very true. Gotta remember that, especially when we're at home...

    Happy One-Month! ^_^

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Happy Anniversary, Kathryn!
    Uncle T and I enjoy your frequent updates.
    Enjoy the flowers in the vase and those still in the grounds around you!

    T & M

  3. Blogger Mariza 

    Have you used your swimming pool yet?

  4. Blogger orange you glad 

    No way - still WAY too cold. I'm on the lookout for another sweatshirt because I'm wearing my fleece every day and I"m feeling like I'm going to wear it out - I'm thinking in another month I'll try the pool...

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I've been enjoying your blog, Kat!! I love that you post frequently to it. I'm now going to Uganda (attempt #2) on a different placement. Hope you can come and visit! --Rebecca

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3