Adventures in Africa



Daily Routine


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I am recovering nicely. Actually the evening of the day I went to the hospital I actually went out for dinner to a nice little Italian place highly recommended - Trattoria! I still hadn't eaten any solids by that point but was willing to risk it because I was getting totally stir-crazy stuck in my house for the last 4 days. I had some nice bruschetta and pizza and even a little red wine. Sooooo gooood. I think that is what is really healing me - REAL FOOD.

The rest of the week was spent doing my usual thing... getting up, going to work, leaving work and stopping at the shopping centre to pick up a few things and going to the internet cafe, coming home and watching tv, making dinner and going to bed. Ah, the daily routine has totally set in. I am still thinking about taking some Swahili lessons (I am missing out on half of the conversations) a few evenings a week. Trying to figure out other activities to do (I am not very good at staying home at night as most people know) but there are not many options available. No African cooking lessons. No dance lessons. No music lessons (other than a sign I saw for piano lessons but that is not what I had in mind). I will keep trying...

Still cold here. Apparently it is the coldest week they have had in August in years. I am starting to think it is never going to get warm. They keep saying "one more week"... What a fool I was to only bring 2 pairs of pants. FOOL!

Apparently when I use an apostrophe it makes a symbol like this "'". That is annoying. I have tried to think of what I can do to avoid it - changing fonts etc, but the best solution I can come up with for now is for me to not use apostrophes. Which means lots of "I am" and "are not". No more being lazy for me. I will try my best!
By the way, the Air France jet crashing was big news here. I tried to give Canada credit but really - that was just crazy luck that those people lived!! WOW.


0 Responses to “Daily Routine”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3